Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Front Sight Training

Have you heard about Front Sight yet? I have been there twice for Defensive Handgun training and I was very well impressed by the facility and by the staff. The first time I went, my wife went with me and we were well taken care of. Neither of us had any skills with a handgun. In fact, the handgun I brought with me was deemed by the intake person to be difficult to use.
(When you arrive, you go to a table where they examine your weapon, ammo and gear. The examiner was very competent and friendly.)
After the first quarter hour on the range, I was obviously having difficulty. So, one of the instructors took me to the gun shop and had me fitted out with a Glock and all the gear. I was grateful that no one looked down their noses for my having brought an inadequate pistol--a High Point .40 calibre in an Uncle Mike's holster.
The rest of the 4-day training was exciting and really eye-opening. I now own a Springfield XD40. I follow the practice procedures recommended by Front Sight and I feel very comfortable carrying my weapon (concealed) whenever I am out and about.
I'll say more about this experience in days to come--and about my second visit, this time with a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment